09 November 2010

Now doing maternity wear!


Not for me of course, but a pretty gift for a friend who's pregnant. I found this amazing ruffled fabric at Moreland's - it's sooo cute. It's all the rage now; I've seen it in heaps of shops in Wellington and now in Nelson there's a whole stand of it. Kinda jealous and considering getting some for myself. It just hangs so nicely.

Anyway! This is a relatively simple top I modified from a Burda magazine pattern from last year I think. It was originally a long sleeved top but I thought that might be too hot for summer. Gathered around the bust, empire line and slightly gathered under the bust to allow for growth, plus the front is a bit longer than the back. Instead of using one fabric like the pattern I just used two, and cut it where the gathering line was. Then it has a little tie belt that can be wrapped around/loosened if need be. The good thing is it can probably be worn as normal top and not look too maternity :)


No comments: