27 December 2011

Colour Wheel Quilt

I finally finished the Colour Wheel Quilt. It was originally based on a pattern from Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. It was a full sized quilt and I wanted to make it for a baby so I just made it a lot smaller. It also was supposed to have double the number of colours... but 64 pieces of fabric are hard to find when you're in Japan without your sewing stuff! But I made the pieces twice as wide, and managed to get by with some cute Japanese fabrics plus a lot of donated fabric from my local quilt guru, Chikako. I did it all by machine except the binding which was finished by hand. The binding was actually silk from a vintage kimono! Anyway it's pretty cute.




Gorgeous niece Luella approves!

1 comment:

Leah Franqui said...

SO. BEAUTIFUL! I'm in awe.
strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com